Today in History: November 30 – Electricity in Buffalo!
On November 30, 1886, the first commercially-operated alternating current central station in the US starts service in Buffalo, NY.
The generator, located in the Brush Electrical Plant on Wilkeson street, supplied power to the Adam, Meldrum, and Anderson department store on Main street. AM&A’s was the first business in the city to use electric lights.
Read more about the early electrification of Buffalo.