Westminster Community House

Westminster Community House Westminster Community House was established on Buffalo’s East Side in 1894, the second settlement house in the United States. The women of Westminster held their first Linen Sale in 1899 for the purpose of raising funds for the work of Westminster House. In the years which followed, substantial monies were raised by…

Westminster Presbyterian Church

Westminster Presbyterian Church The church, located on 724 Delaware Avenue, was founded in 1854. From Westminster Buffalo “A History of Westminster: 1854-1994”: The Early Years: 1854-1892 Forty North Street area residents founded Westminster Church on September 3, 1854, with deep Christian commitment and great faith in the future of Buffalo. With ten members of First…